Friday 24 September 2010

The Song


Showdown (Muse - Knights of Cydonia Remix)



The song that we will be doing is a dub step track by Dub fiend and underground artist popular in the dub step genre. The lyrics to the track are vital as they link in to the music video.

No one's gonna take me alive,
The time has come to make things right,
You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive,

No one's gonna take me alive,
The time has come to make things right,
You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive

(solo)

No one's going to take me alive,
The time has come to make things right,
You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive.

The video features a teenage male who is struggling to fit in, shots featured in the video are of the character falling out with friends and his girlfriend. The link to the lyrics for this bit is the change of mind from the character as he realises he needs to sort things out to be happy, this takes place as the lyrics sing “the time has come to make things right”

The end shot is of the character standing looking at the bright sunset thinking about what he must do in order to make things right again. The character must put effort in so that he can live his life happy. This fits to the lyrics “you and I must fight to survive”


The genre of dub step is difficult to picture a video for, but with it being a remix and the lyrics having such a strong message it was simple to think up a storyline and character.

No comments:

Post a Comment